All Saints Catholic School will be participating in the Birdies for Children program. The program was introduced at The Honda Classic in 2010, the Birdies for Children program serves to help 501(c)3 organizations generate additional fundraising dollars through an exciting contest that culminates with a grand prize winner driving home in a brand new 2019 Honda! Eight years into the campaign, Birdies for Children has raised over $8.9 million for charity; distributing funds to over 120 local and national organizations.
How Does it Work?
- Donors pledge $20 or more to All Saints for the opportunity to make guess(es) on the number of birdies that will be made at the 2019 Honda Classic. The person coming in closest to the actual number will receive a brand new 2019 Honda automobile!
- The Honda Classic collects all donations and writes checks back to the charities for 100% of the money plus the 10% matching bonus.
- All money raised after January 31st will be given to the charity (plus bonus) after the 2019 Honda Classic.
- The maximum number of guesses a donor may submit is 30, regardless of the amount donated. The scale of 1 guess for $20, 3 guesses for $50 is used until 30 is reached ($500). A donor may pledge more than $500, but will only be allowed 30 guesses.
- Contest ends February 27 at 6:00 pm. This is the last day/time to submit pledges.
What is a Birdie?
- A birdie is a score of one stroke better than par for any golf hole. Par is the average expected score for any given hole (typically 3, 4, or 5). PGA pros are expected to make anywhere between 1,000 - 1,500 birdies during The Honda Classic.
- To help you along, here are the total number of birdies made in each of the last ten tournaments:
2007: 1,116 Birdies
2008: 1,144 Birdies
2009: 1,180 Birdies
2010: 1,181 Birdies
2011: 1,041 Birdies
2012: 1,279 Birdies
2013: 1,244 Birdies
2014: 1,363 Birdies
2015: 1,168 Birdies
2016: 1,246 Birdies
2017: 1,361 Birdies
2018: 1,090 Birdies
How Can I Participate & Donate?