Recognizing that each individual is created by God, the Diocese of Palm Beach is committed to the safety and well-being of its children and implements procedures to minimize risk and barriers to build and foster a culture of safe environment. In working towards a safe environment, every employee or volunteer within our schools must complete the following:
- Background Screening through the Diocese;
- Attend a Protecting God’s Children Virtus training; and
- Read and sign the Code of Pastoral Conduct of Palm Beach (click on page listed at right)
Please read below and click on the pages to the right for information on volunteer requirements. Please note that these requirements take some time to complete so we encourage you to do them at the beginning of the school year so you do not miss out on volunteer opportunities.
*Diocese: All 3 requirements must be renewed every five years. Protecting God's Children, online updates are available after the initial training.
REGISTERING FOR FINGERPRINTING
IMPORTANT!! All employees and volunteers in the Diocese of Palm Beach MUST register to get fingerprinted. You must receive a form from Mrs. Broz before going to the Diocese to get fingerprinted. See below to register.
- Website: www.diocesepb.org
- Go to: Quick Links (bottom right of webpage)
- Click: Safe Environments
- Click: Background Screening
- Complete: Registration Form
- Call: Fingerprint site for an appointment
- Take: You will need your driver's license and the form from Mrs. Broz to get fingerprinted.
REGISTERING FOR SAFE ENVIRONMENT TRAINING
NEW REGISTRANTS: MUST attend a live (instructor-led) session the first time.
ACTIVE VOLUNTEERS: MUST every 5 years, either attend a live session (instructor-led,) or they may go into their Virtus account to complete an online Virtus renewal program.
*After registering online for Virtus, registrants will receive monthly bulletins which must be read to stay current with volunteering requirements. If bulletins are not read for six consecutive months Virtus will no longer send the bulletins and the process needs to begin over to volunteer.